You can’t get away from it. You know you’re supposed to exercise because every time you go online they’re talking about exercise. You probably know that exercise improves your health and it helps you lose weight. However, there may be some benefits that you’re not aware of. These exercise benefits may be exactly what you need to find the motivation to start an exercise program.
- It makes you feel like a kid again – When you try a new sport or fitness activity, it can remind you of when you were young. Do you remember running on the playground and your feet moving so fast you could barely keep up? Do you remember the joy? There is a sport or fitness activity out there that can make you feel young again. Seek it out!
- You’ll sleep like a baby – Exercise not only fatigues your mind and body so that you must sleep, it also releases hormones that help regulate your sleep cycle. If you struggle with insomnia or find that you wake frequently during the night, try exercising.
- It helps with anxiety and depression – Did you know that about 10% of the population suffers from some form of depression? Even more, people deal with chronic anxiety. Exercise has been shown to help reduce symptoms of both of these conditions. Exercise releases hormones that mimic antidepressants and anti-anxiety hormones. You not only feel great right after a workout, the effects last the rest of the day.
- You get smarter – Who doesn’t want to boost their brainpower? Exercise has been shown to increase creativity, critical thinking, and boost your thought response time. There are two reasons why this happens. First, when you exercise you pump more oxygen and nutrients into your brain. Second, exercise requires you to learn new movements. It’s brain training!
- More confidence – When you approach a fitness program with a realistic plan, you’ll create a pattern of success. Each workout you complete and each goal you achieve makes you feel more confident.
Exercise isn’t just great for your body, it’s also great for your mind and spirit. You’ll feel happier and more excited about life. And when life’s inevitable challenges arise, you’ll feel more capable of handling them.